NEON Summer Symposium 2015 ‘Does data matter? How can evidence improve practice?’
22/06/2015 - 23/06/2015
University of Sussex
“Early bird discount ends 15 May 2015”
NEON are proud to announce details of our 2015 Summer Symposium. This year our two day event will be held at the University of Sussex and will focus upon
‘Does data matter? Can evidence improve practice?’
We will consider a number of questions around the application of research and data including:
- What sources of research and data do widening access professionals draw upon?
- How do research and data inform outreach, teaching and learning and student outcomes?
- How can widening access professionals ensure they keep up to date with current research?
- Has widening access practice become disconnected from the latest research?
- How can practitioners and researchers work together to improve practice?
There will be roundtable discussions on:
- How the OFFA research strategy can support the delivery of Access Agreements
- Making the NNCO project data driven
- The Pupil Premium, evidence and access to higher education
- Unlocking institutional data to improve success across the student lifecycle
As well as you having the opportunity to network with other colleagues, share practice and participate in a range of workshops, we will have an impressive line-up of keynote speakers. For 2015 this will include:
- Bill Rammell – Vice Chancellor, University of Bedfordshire
- Professor Clare Mackie – Pro Vice Chancellor, University of Sussex
- Dr Claire Crawford – Assistant Professor of Economics, The University of Warwick
- Sarah Howls – Head of Student Opportunity, HEFCE
- Helen Thorne – Director of Policy and Research, UCAS
- Janet Graham – Director, Supporting Professionalism in Admissions (SPA) (tbc)
For the full draft programme please click here
With further speakers yet to be announced this year’s Symposium will obviously be a key event for widening access practitioners. This year we are offering an early bird discount to anyone who books before 15 May 2015. We have also issued a call for papers and are offering substantial discounts for all presenters. For those requiring overnight accommodation on Monday 22 June 2015, we are delighted to be able to offer on-campus accommodation. This promises to be the key event in the widening access calendar for the NEON community in 2015.
The NEON Summer Symposium – the event for widening access professionals you can’t afford to miss
Bookings are now closed.
If you have any queries please email Naz.Khan@londonhigher.ac.uk