Supporting BTEC Students Meeting
NEON Working Groups
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Working Group focuses on sharing ideas and existing practice around supporting BTEC students, as well as research being undertaken in this space, and hope that this will lead to a more joined up approach across the sector.
This Working Group is organised by Lancaster University.
The meeting will be held online on Friday 26th March from 1pm to 4pm.
Please register to receive the log in details and to be able to access the meeting.
- Welcome and introductions – Chris Bayes, Outreach and Student Success Manager, Lancaster University
- Update on the Governmental consultation and roundtable events – Ria Bhatta, Head of Stakeholder Engagement, Pearson
- Presentation on the recent NEON report ‘Will abolishing BTECs mean reversing widening access to higher education?’ – Dr Graeme Atherton, Director, NEON Followed by breakout discussions around report findings and potential impact on NEON members
- BTEC students in HE in FE: challenging and supporting through pedagogies of care – Nicky Turnbull, Director of Higher Education, Newcastle College
- BTEC Exams Update – Ria Bhatta, Head of Stakeholder Engagement, Pearson
- Next steps – Establishing key questions for June session (Breakout discussions) – Chris Bayes (Lancaster University), Alex Blower (University of Portsmouth) and Rebecca Foster (University of East Anglia)