Access Academy Training: Strategies to engage parents
Access Academy Training
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Strategies to effectively engage parents
Having been run successfully earlier this year NEON are repeating its event to help practitioners effectively engage with parents. It is universally recognised that parents and carers play a key role in influencing the future aspirations and pathways of young people. Often advice given to young people will be potentially out of date and possibly ill informed. Therefore parental engagement has a key role to play in widening participation. This course will:
- Help participants to appreciate the impact of parents and carers in future career choices
- Investigate how an individual’s own educational experience may impact upon the information, advice and guidance (IAG) that they impart
- Draw on the experiences of participants to consider and understand the challenges in effectively engaging parents/carers in widening participation activities
- Critically evaluate a number of strategies for parental/carer engagement and develop an understanding of the types of activities that could work best in their own institution
- Devise a series of activities to be delivered within their own institution
Cost of NEON Access Academy Courses
Each day long course is offered at a cost of £199. NEON members receive a reduction of 25% (£149.25). Please email Michael Naughton if you are unsure of your NEON Membership status.
This event is now sold-out. If you would like to be added to our waiting list, please fill out the form below.