SOLD OUT – Access and Participation Plans & the new Equality of Opportunity Register – meeting the challenge
8:45 am - 1:30 pm
Please note this event is currently sold out. If you wish to be added to a waiting list please email Marc (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It is anticipated that all higher education providers in England who wish to charge over £6000 will need to write a new and different Access and Participation Plan (APP) by mid-2023. The Office for Students (OfS) indicated in Autumn 2022 their wish to see a new approach to regulating access and participation involving significant changes in the data that providers need to collect and the plans they need to produce.
This event, convened by the National Education Opportunities Network (NEON) and featuring a keynote address from the Director of Fair Access and Participation at the Office for Students, will be the opportunity for those in the sector responsible for producing APPs to gather the necessary information to enable them to adapt to the new regulatory environment. The event will address the following questions:
- What is the OfS Equality of Opportunity Register?
- How do providers assess and prioritise their own risks to equality of opportunity?
- What new, additional data will providers need to collect and how can they do this?
- What evidence is available from across the sector that can support the new regulatory focus on equality of opportunity?
- How can the providers meet the priorities regarding raising the attainment of pre-16 learners?
- How can providers meet the prospective requirement to increase the volume of evaluation they undertake?
- How are different providers from across the sector meeting the new challenges in producing their APPs?
- What further support is available for providers in producing and then delivering new APPs based around risks to equality of opportunity?
Who should attend?
- Vice Chancellors and Pro Vice Chancellors;
- Senior Managers with responsibility for writing and/or delivering parts of the APPs;
- Evaluation Managers and Officers with responsibility for monitoring and evaluation APP interventions;
- Heads of Department and/or Senior Managers with responsibility for outreach activities, student transition, student attainment or student success and employability;
- Representatives of Uni Connect partnerships, or other organisations, wanting to gain a greater understanding of the APP process.
- John Blake, Director of Fair Access and Participation, Office for Students
- Dr Omar Khan, Director of the Centre for Transforming Access and Student Outcomes in Higher Education (TASO)
- Kieron Broadhead, Senior Executive Director, Students and Infrastructure and Deputy Vice-President Operations, University of Southampton
- Professor Keith McLay, Provost, Learning & Teaching, University of Derby
- Sara Raybould, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education and Student Experience), University of West London
- Professor Dave Russell, PVC Student Experience and Resources, Leeds Arts University
- Professor Phil Vickerman, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Student Experience), Liverpool John Moores University
Date, time and location
Wednesday 22nd March 2023,
8.45am until 1.30pm – there is a optional lunch from 1pm to 1.30pm.
020 7827 5920
The agenda for the event is available here.
Membership organisation rate: £179
Non-member organisation rate: £259
If you are unsure if your organisations is a NEON member, please check here.