9:30 am - 4:00 pm
“It is vital to widen opportunities for disadvantaged learners to access and succeed in degree apprenticeships, and there is further to go to encourage minority ethnic and disabled learners to follow this route.” Nicola Dandridge, Chief Executive, Office for Students
Degree apprenticeships are a key qualification to facilitate widening access, however the profile of degree apprenticeships needs to be raised and it is vital that practitioners are able to give prospective students high quality information, advice and guidance about their options.
This NEON summit will allow widening access practitioners to hear from policy makers, other practitioners and employers. It will enable us to discuss the progress of degree apprenticeships so far and how we can raise awareness of this important qualification amongst those currently under-represented in higher education. The event will take place on Friday 22 November in central London.
- Shape the policy discussion on degree apprenticeships at the national level.
- Gain an understanding of the opportunities, and challenges, degree apprenticeships offer potential students from groups traditionally under-represented in higher education.
- Learn from recent research about the effectiveness of degree apprenticeships in widening access.
- Explore ways to raise awareness of degree apprenticeships in schools and colleges.
- Hear why degree apprenticeships are a key qualification for businesses.
- Ian Pretty, Chief Executive, Collab Group
- Georgia Siora, Managing Director, Warwick Economics & Development
- Andy Dowling, Business Development Manager for Apprenticeships and Ann Minton, Associate Professor, University of Derby
- John Cope, Head of Education and Skills, Confederation of British Industry
- Sarah Cowan, Policy and Programmes Manager, National Centre for Universities and Business
- Declan Turner, Consultant at Wavehill: Economic and Social Research
- Elizabeth Gorb, Director of Apprenticeships, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Flavia Ojok, Project Officer and Stephanie Hughes, Acting Lead Project Officer, Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Collaborative Outreach Programme (DANCOP)
This event is for: widening access and/or student recruitment senior managers and officers; careers advisors in schools; staff involved in NCOPs; any staff involved in providing information, advice and guidance about routes to higher education.
Membership organisation rate: £169 – 35% discount for members
Non-member organisation rate: £259
Please email Maria-Anna Petrou at email@example.com if you are unsure of your organisations NEON Membership status or click here.
Date: Friday 22 November
Time: 9.30am registration, 10am start until 4pm
Location: London, 9 minute walk from King’s Cross Station