Developing a progressive curriculum of outreach activities
Access Academy Training
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This course will explore the advantages of adopting a more learner-centred, progressive programme of widening participation that responds to the needs of learners at the various stages of their HE journey. Participants will:
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of a learner centred, progressive approach to widening participation
- Explore the different partnerships needed to ensure such an approach can succeed
- Increase their own understanding of the progression needs of learners
- Gain an understanding of the concept of ‘learner outcomes’ and how to apply these to a progressive curriculum
- Identify priorities and plan for their implementation within their organisation
NEON’s Access Academy Training sessions are designed to be applicable to practitioners, academics and researchers from HEIs, FECs, NCOPs and third sector organisations.
Spaces at this event are strictly limited so early booking is advised.
Alice McLaren, Head of Widening Participation and Outreach, University of Surrey
Membership organisation rate: £169 – 35% discount for members
Non-member organisation rate: £259
Please email Maria-Anna Petrou if you are unsure of your organisations NEON Membership status or click here.
Date: Tuesday 19 November
Time: 9.30am registration, 10am start until 4pm
Location: Birmingham, 8 minute walk from New Street Station