Key Skills for Widening Access – Essential Training
Access Academy Training
20/10/2021 - 21/10/2021
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event is now fully booked.
NEON are holding a two day course – online – that will give delegates the opportunity to understand the theories that underpin widening access work and help develop their skills making them a more productive and valuable part of your team.
Day 1 – Wednesday 20th October 2021
Part I: Theory. The day will focus on the history of, and theories behind widening access. By the end of the session participants will:
• Understand the political context for widening access;
• Have an overview of how widening access has developed in the UK;
• Developed an awareness of different theories behind inequalities in education;
• Explored the key reasons for unequal access to higher education;
• Appreciate the need for an evidence based approach to widening access activities and the importance of monitoring and evaluation.
Day 2 – Thursday 21st October 2021
Part II: Practice. The second day will focus on best practice for successful widening access initiatives. By the end of the session participants will:
• Understand the process involved in planning and delivering a project;
• Look at various ways in which to target widening access initiatives;
• Consider different models of school and college engagement;
• Understand the role monitoring and evaluation plays in project delivery;
• Reflect on their own practice and develop a personal and/or institutional action plan to be implemented at their own institution.
NEON’s Access Academy Training sessions are designed to be applicable to practitioners, academics and researchers from HEIs, FECs, Uni Connect’s and third sector organisations.
Spaces at this event are strictly limited so early booking is advised.
Martin Webster, Operational Consultant, NEON
NEON Membership organisation rate: £198 – 35% discount for members
Non-member organisation rate: £316
If you are unsure of your organisations NEON Membership status or click here.
Date and time
Wednesday 20th October 2021 – 10am to 4pm (lunch from approx., 12pm to 2pm) – online
Thursday 21st October 2021 – 10am to 4pm (lunch from approx., 12pm to 2pm) – online