Transitions to higher education – strategies to benefit widening access students
Access Academy Training
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What to expect
This one day course will look at strategies to benefit widening access students. By the end of the day delegates will:
- Understand and be able to apply theories about transition and its important to student success in their own work
- Have considered why transition is especially vital for students from under-represented groups
- Have looked at different strategies for student transition and consider the benefits and challenges of each strategy
- Understand the relationship between day students and institutional loyalty
- Be able to design a student transition programme that supports those from widening access backgrounds
This training is designed to give delegates the chance to develop both their knowledge and skills needed as a WP practitioner as well as provide a comfortable space to discuss the latest issues with colleagues from other organisations.
Who should apply?
NEON’s Access Academy Training sessions are designed to be applicable to practitioners, academics and researchers from HEIs, FECs, Uni Connect partnerships and third sector organisations.
Martin Webster, Operational Consultant, NEON
Time: 10am start until 4pm
Location: This event is taking place online
Membership organisation rate: £99
Non-member organisation rate: £159
If you are unsure if your organisations is a NEON member, please check here.
Quote from previous Access Academy Training:
‘Lots of information – useful talking to others practitioners about their work too.’
‘Every aspect of the session was relevant and useful…’
‘Networking with others and sharing best practice’