WAHED 2020 Launch Event
NEON Global Events
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The online launch event for World Access to Higher Education Day (WAHED) 2020 is on the 27th July 2020 at 12.00pm to 2.00pm (UK time). It has never been more important to focus efforts on equitable access and success in higher education at the global level. Covid-19 is having the biggest impact on low income and marginalised groups across the world and their ability to experience higher education. WAHED 2020 will focus on addressing the impact of Covid-19 on equitable access and success in higher education in terms of both policy and practice.
WAHED 2020 this year will be on the 17th November 2020.
Prioritising equitable access and success after the pandemic: Launch of World Access to Higher Education Day 2020
- Dr. Francesc Pedró, Director, UNIESCO International Institute for Higher Education in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Courtney Brown, Vice-President Strategic Impact, Lumina Foundation
- Cate Cho Yoo, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, EdX
- Jamil Salmi, Consultant
- Kylie Austin, President, Equity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia (EPHEA)
- June Pym, Emeritus Associate Professor and Education Consultant, Saville Foundation
Chair: Dr. Graeme Atherton, Director National Education Opportunities Network (NEON), UK
For more information and to register for the event, please go to: https://worldaccesshe.com/event/wahed-2020-launch-event/
As in the last two years WAHED will look to act as a catalyst and platform for action across the world. We hope that you can be involved again either delivering events/activities in your organisation, campaigning via social media or participating in a series of online conferences that we will convene on the 17th November.