WAHED 2021: ‘Who will be going to university in 2030?’
NEON Global Events
12:00 am - 11:45 pm
Join us for World Access to Higher Education Day 2021
The 2021 World Access to Higher Education Day online conference is on Wednesday 17 November. ‘WAHED 2021: Who will be going to university in 2030?’ will bring together over 20 speakers from 6 continents for this FREE online event. This the biggest annual global conference focusing solely on equitable access and success in higher education. It will include 5 different sessions covering:
- Evidence and data: what do we know about how/where participation rates are changing?
- Roles of government: how can it support equity priority groups post pandemic?
- Role of universities: where is innovative practice and who are the ‘global equity leaders’?
- Flexible pathways into HE: – insight on case studies from Chile, South Africa and Finland
- The way forward for equitable access in HE: what steps should we take to make HE participation more equitable by 2030?
These sessions will run over 9 hours enabling those from across time zones to participate. WAHED 2021 will commence from 08:20 am (GMT) and will conclude at 17:45 pm (GMT).
‘WAHED 2021: Who will be going to university in 2030?’ will focus on how we can ensure that equitable access and success is a priority for universities and governments as we learn to live with the ongoing impact of the pandemic and where there may be examples of innovatory work emerging.
The following speakers are confirmed so far with more to be added in coming weeks:
- David Crosier, Education System Analyst, Eurydice
- Jamil Salmi, Global Tertiary Education Consultant (pre-recorded)
- Hilligje van’t Land, Secretary General, International Association of Universities (IAU) and Executive Director, International Universities Bureau
- Prof. Dr. Marcelo Knobel, Full Professor of Physics, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil
- Maud Kamatenesi Mugisha, Vice- Chancellor, Bishop Stuart University, Uganda
- Roberta Malee Bassett, Global Lead for Tertiary Education and Senior Education Specialist, PhD, World Bank, United States
- Leonie Nagarajan, Director, Education Department, Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
- Ninoslav Šćukanec Schmidt, Executive Director, Institute for the Development of Education & Co-Chair Bologna Follow Up Group on the Social Dimension
- William Moses, Managing Director, Education, The Kresge Foundation
- Dr Yiannis Kasoulides, Senior Educational Officer, Cyprus Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport and Youth
- Dr. Ivana Radonova, Higher Education Directorate, Ministry of Education and Science, Bulgaria and Co-chair of the Bologna Implementation Coordination Group
- Anis Faudzulani Dzulkiflee, Senior Special Duties Officer, Head, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam
- Ellen Thompson, Head of Orientation Mission, Ministry for Higher Education, France
- Francesc Pedró, Director, IESALC, UNESCO
- Vesa Taatila, Rector and President, Turku University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- María José Lemaitre, Executive Director, Centro Interuniversitario de Desarrollo, Chile
- Iina Soiri, Counsellor, Team Finland Knowledge Network, Embassy of Finland in Pretoria
- Emilia Ahvenjärvi, Counsellor, Team Finland Knowledge Network, Embassy of Finland in Buenos Aires
- Michaela Martin, Coordinator of the IIEP-UNESCO FLP country case studies
- Courtney Brown, Ph.D., Vice President of Strategic Impact, Lumina Foundation, USA
- Carmen Romero and Ankit Tripathi, Steering Committee Member, Global Student Forum
- Joanna Newman, Chief Executive and Secretary General of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Dr. Lande Ajose, Taskforce Chair and Senior Policy Advisor for Higher Education, Office of the Governor California
- Professor Graeme Atherton, Director National Education Opportunities Network (NEON), United Kingdom
Join us on 17th November for this free, global event. To register for this vital event please go to https://worldaccesshe.com/wahed-2021/.
To learn about how to engage with WAHED in other ways by organising an event or supporting us on social media please go to https://worldaccesshe.com/get-involved/.
Supported by University World News