Where to now for outreach? Innovation and impact of Covid 19 on widening access to HE work in 2020-21
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
As with so many other sectors of society the impact of Covid-19 presents unprecedented challenges for widening access to higher education work. Higher Education (HE) providers and Uni Connect partnerships are having to look rapidly at how to re-purpose their work to mainly virtual forms to reach learners and support schools and colleges whilst HE admission arrangements are uncertain.
It is crucial that innovative ways of continuing to support learners from widening access backgrounds are found as it is the learners we serve that stand to lose out from the disruption caused by Covid-19. NEON will be delivering two online summits to assist our members in dealing with these challenges:
1. Taking outreach online: delivering widening access to HE work in the Covid 19 context
2. Where to now for outreach? Innovation and impact of Covid 19 on widening access to HE work in 2020-21
Date: Wednesday 1st July
The second summit will highlight the work that has been done to adapt to the challenges of Covid-19 so far by the national widening access community and what new resources and projects have been developed. It will also look forward at what we know at this stage regarding:
- HE admissions for 2020 and 2021
- The future of the Uni-Connect project
- The 2020-21 school and college year
- Access and Participation Plans 2021-2025 and impact of Covid-19
- How what ‘outreach’ is may have been changed by Covid-19
Speakers at the event are TBC.