NEON are proud to support the Pearson HE Innovate Awards, launched yesterday. Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has announced its inaugural Awards for the UK higher education sector which focus on celebrating success in innovation in teaching, learning and student support.
The Pearson HE Innovate Awards welcome nominations of projects that show originality, deliver positive outcomes for students and have transferability to other institutions in the following award categories:
- Most Innovative Hybrid or Blended learning project – focusing on projects that unify accessible web-based learning delivery and traditional learning practices while fostering inclusivity.
- Developing Employability Skills – focusing on projects that bridge the gap between education and industry and help students to develop workforce skills.
- Most Innovative Approach to Widening Participation in the Curriculum – focusing on projects that promote social integration and a sense of belonging for all.
- Most Impactful Use of a Pearson Digital Product or Service – focusing on innovative use of Pearson digital courseware or services resulting in marked improvement in student success and engagement.
- Most Innovative Approach to Supporting Students – focusing on projects that support students at any stage through their higher education experience, be that transition from school or college through to graduation and beyond.
Ellen Wilson, Vice President of Higher Education Services UK, Pearson said: “There is a huge range of innovative teaching and learning happening across the UK and Irish higher education space and through these awards we want to celebrate all this incredible work.
“Pearson has recently set up the HE Innovate online community to facilitate peer to peer learning and the sharing of best practice between academics and higher education professionals.
“We want to use the Awards to highlight and share examples of impactful initiatives across the sector and will be reviewing the transferability of projects across institutions with interest.”
The nominations are open and close on 4th July, with the virtual Awards ceremony taking place on Thursday 16th September.
For more information on how to apply click here.