NEON & UCU Summit – Improving Student Finance IAG
Access Academy Training
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Improving Student Finance IAG: NEON & UCU Summit
2 November 2016
9.30am – 4.00pm
As tuition fees are set to rise again, it is imperative that our sector works collaboratively to consider both the state of student finance and how we as a sector can improve our student finance IAG.
In response to the upcoming rise in university costs, NEON and UCU are hosting a one day event on student finance as part of our joint effort to examine and improve student finance IAG. This event will:
- Highlight successful student finance IAG through the examination of case studies;
- Hear from the Student Loans Company, Canterbury Christ Church University and PUSH about their challenges and successes conveying information on student finance;
- Explore in greater detail NEON’s national research on the effect of cost on the student-decision making process and learn about UCAS’ data and research on the subject;
- Consider how we can successfully move forward with fine-tuning student finance IAG;
- Hear from engaging panel of current students about how they would like to receive student finance information.
Ben Rutter – Funding Information Partners Account Manager, Student Loans Company
Kate Howell – Senior Policy Executive, UCAS
Johnny Rich – CEO, PUSH
Jacey Jonnson – Project Officer (School Lead), Canterbury Christ Church University
Bethany-Rose Moore – Graduate Outreach Trainee, Canterbury Christ Church University
Dr Graeme Atherton – Director, NEON & Head, AccessHE
Angela Nartey – Policy Officer, UCU
Martin Webster – Operations Manager, NEON
As HE becomes more expensive in England, it is essential that we share our approaches and techniques to enable our learners to cope with this cost.