How we may use your personal information
The National Education Opportunities Network (NEON) is a charity registered in England and Wales (1199280).
NEON is committed to protecting your personal information and being clear about what information we collect from you and how we use it.
If we make any changes to this policy, we will let you know by revising the updated date, placing an alert on the homepage of the website, or corresponding with you directly.
If you have any questions about this policy or our uses of personal data, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are and how to contact us
NEON is the professional organisation supporting those involved in widening access to higher education (HE). NEON aims to enable those working to widen access to HE at all levels and in all sectors to affect change in their own organisations and communities.
All personal information provided by you through this website is under the control of NEON, who are responsible for taking care of your personal information in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). This policy may refer to NEON as: ‘NEON’, ‘The National Education Opportunities Network’ ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’. Our registered office is: St Mary’s Road, Ealing, London, W5 5RF.
How to contact us
You can contact us via the following means:
* Email: email@example.com
* Post: National Education Opportunities Network, c/o University of West London, St Mary’s Road, Ealing, London, W5 5RF
Collecting and using your personal information
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
* Name and job title
* Contact information including email address
* Website usage data
* Other information pertaining to surveys and online booking forms (e.g. dietary preferences)
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
* For our own internal records.
* To contact delegates registered for organised events, workshops, seminars, conferences or other meetings.
* To improve the products and services we provide.
* To customise the website for you.
* To send you promotional emails or mailings about products, services and other things we think might be relevant to you.
* To ensure any specific needs are met.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Sharing your personal information
We may share the personal information we collect about you with:
* Our member institutions involved in running or delivering NEON Working groups.
* Reputable and reliable third parties. This includes combined statistics about visitors to our website and website traffic patterns, answers to questions, content entered and related website information. The information used for these purposes is aggregated (i.e. combined with other user data) and anonymised, and will not be provided in a way which identifies you.
How we keep your information secure
We take steps to make sure we hold your personal information securely and share it with people or organisations who need to access it.
In order to provide our service, we need to transfer information to other organisations. We make sure these organisations commit to keeping your personal information secure.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.educationopportunities.co.uk domains. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Changes to this Policy
Controlling information about you
You have the right, under the GDPR, to request a copy of your personal information we hold, to have it corrected, deleted, or to ask us to stop using it.
To request a copy of the personal information we hold about you – please send your request via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ask us to change, delete or stop using the personal information we hold about you – please send your request via email to email@example.com.
We will always consider your request to make changes to your personal information and write back to confirm the action we have taken.
Effective: August 2023